Kata Charis > Things to do
Kata Charis is a tranquil, peaceful heaven where you can just relax and enjoy the environment or it
can be used as a base to enjoy all Hazyview, The Lowveld and Escarpment has to offer: From Wild to Mild.
All less than an hours drive from here.
The area offers breathtaking landscapes and views, extreme sports and activities, hiking trails, elephant
rides and interaction, day tours to the surrounding attractions etc. Hazyview even boasts the longest (1.2km)
aerial cable trail in Africa.
We are ideally situated to visit the Kruger Park, which is only 20 minutes away from us. Three gates are close
by, Phabeni, Numbi and Paul Kruger gate. Self drive or get us to arrange an open vehicle safari with a guide,
morning, afternoon, full day or night.
At Kata Charis you are free to:
- Fish in the dam - Bring your own fishing equipment. Bass, Telapia and Barbel.
- Butterfly identification - We are boastng a list with 97 Species.
IN THE AREA:
- Canopy tours & Treetops challenge: Longest Aerial cable trail in Africa - Skyway trails.
- Abseiling - Induna Adventures 3km and Kestell Adventures(Sabie)
- Big Swing - Graskop
- Bridge swing - Sabie
- Quad Biking - 3km
- River Rafting - 3km
- Tubing/geckoing - 3km
- Foefie-slide/zip-line - 3km
- Mountain biking - 3km
- Horse trails - 3km
- Hiking trails - 3km
- Paint Ball - 3km
- Kayaking - 3km
- Kloofing - Sabie
- Absailing- Sabie
- Motorbike Out-rides - 3km
- Caving by candle light - Kestell adverntures
Sight Seeing and tours:
- Sudwala caves - Outside Nelspruit
- Waterfalls - Sabie/Graskop
- Pinnacle - Graskop
- God's window - Graskop
- 3 Rondawels - Hoedspruit area
- Bourke's Luck Potholes - Hoedspruit area
- Pilgrims Rest - Historical mining town
- Shangaan Village - Hazyview
- Reptile Park
- Elephant interaction
- Elephant back Safaris
- Hoedspruit Endangered speciescentre
- Maholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation centre